Saturday, January 22, 2011

Athletes 4 Athletes Crossfit Competition

I competed in the CrossFit Lee's Summit hosted Athletes 4 Athletes Competition today. Below is the workouts we performed and some video of me competing. I competed in the RX (as prescribed) division. I do not know the complete results but I will post when I find out.

A huge thanks to CrossFit Lee's Summit (where I work out). They did a great job of organizing and running the competition today. My wife, kids, parents, and Pat Whitworth and his son Erick also came out to cheer me on. Thank you, I appreciate your support.

I am definitely looking forward to more of this.

0700-0745 Athlete Check In
0745-0800-Rules and explination of events and scoring
0800-Event #1 starts

****Event 1***
AMRAP 10:00
RX
    6 Squat Cleans (135/75)
    9 Burpee Box Jumps (20 inch box)
    12 KB Swings (24K/16K)
Scaled
    6 Front Squats (75/45)
    6 Burpee’s
    6 Box Jumps/Step-Ups



********Event 2********
“DEADLIFT MEET”
3 – Single Deadlifts
Performed like a weightlifting meet.  All athletes will call for an opening weight and adjust their 2nd and 3rd lifts accordingly.  Once a weight is put on the bar it’s not taken off. Each athlete will be given 3 attempts.  The WOD will be scored as best lift percentage body weight.
(A 150lb athlete with a 375 deadlift would score 250% and beat a 215lb athlete with a 516lb deadlift and 240%)
RX and SCALED divisions performed the same…scored within division



******Event 3******
5 Rounds for time
RX
    5 Sandbag Overhead Squats (60/40)
    Sandbag sprint length of basketball court
    3 Atlas Stone Shoulders (100/45)
    Sandbag sprint length of basketball court back
Scaled
    5 Sandbag Squats–Any position (60/40)
    Sandbag sprint length of basketball court
    3 Sandbag Shoulders
    Sandbag sprint length of basketball court

3 comments:

Anna Grace Haas Silva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Grace Haas Silva said...

Awesome job, Corey!!! Congrats. That's incredible... you are seriously an inspiration!

Corey said...

Thanks Anna.