Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Abby Says...

I wanted to post some of Abby's recent quotes. Some of them are amazing, and some of them are hilarious. With some of them, I feel compelled to give you some background information. I hope you enjoy!
--Abby hates going to bed and staying there. She usually gets out numerous times per night with some excuse as to why she just can't stay in bed. Most nights it goes like this: Abby stalks quietly into the playroom/home office where Corey and I are working and stands in between us. When asked why she is out of bed, she quickly says, "My tummy and my crotch and my bottom and my back and my face hurt." I turn my face away so she doesn't see me fighting laughter and then tell her I am sorry to hear about her ailments, but she must still stay in bed. Apparently, she figured out that her repertoire wasn't cutting it, so the next time she came downstairs she said, "My toenail polish is making my toenails itch." That time I couldn't control my laughter. She won with creativity. Stinker.
--A couple of weeks ago, Abby had a terrible bout of gastroenteritis, landing her in the ER for IV fluids, etc. Later that week, when she was still battling diarrhea, after a round on the toilet she said, "Are Jesse and Shanee sad that I have diarrhea?" I was a little surprised by the question, but I quickly responded that if they knew she had diarrhea, they would be very sad. (Jesse and Shanee are our dear friends who are missionaries in Nepal. We last saw them in the end of January.)
--"The sun shines on the moon and makes it bright." How she knew that, I have no idea, but was very impressed.
--"Is the house moving?" Asked when she was looking up at the top of the house, watching the clouds zoom past.
--Tonight when I took her back to bed, we walked past Luke's totally silent room and she told me, "Luke keeps on waking me up." Yeah right.
--"Daddy, when I get bigger, you can take me to work with you, and I can help you."

--Luke's big verbal accomplishment is actually not so verbal, but equally cute. He looks silently at you and waves the cutest chubby-handed wave. He also signs, "more"
while he's eating or when he's hungry. He's a total joy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for giving me a big smile this morning. :) Give the kids a hug from us! We hope to see you all sometime soon!