Friday, October 03, 2008

Congressman Sam Graves, good job

Both of the Senators that represent me voted to pass the bail out bill.
Senator Kit Bond said this and Senator Caire McCaskill said this. I am disappointed that my senators felt there were only two solutions: pass the bill or suffer economic ruin. This will certainly be a factor for me in their elections in 2010 and 2012.

I choose the third option ... discuss some alternatives. It is hard for me to believe that in what folks like Bond and McCaskill are calling the greatest economic meltdown since the great depression, that we are rushing such rescue (or bailout) bill through. You would think something this serious might require a little more thought and discussion. I don't advocate doing nothing but I am not convinced this bill was the only other alternative to stabilizing the financial markets.

Congressman Sam Graves who represents me in the house voted twice against the bill and had this to say. Thank you congressman Sam Graves.

One particular thing that McCaskill said really annoyed me ...

This bill stinks but the alternative is much worse. While many Missourians may not feel it yet, with no action most of the people that live in my state will be harmed, many significantly, in a matter of months. I’m proud at least that we said no to the ridiculous proposal of the Bush administration.
Yeah, you did Senator McCaskill, way to stand up to the Bush administration (sarcasm here). I would be very interested in what is so different from the Bush proposal and the bill she voted to pass. I am calling BULL. And what a terribly low and ridiculously partisan attack to try and make her bad choice seem a little better.

My Political Disclaimer: I am a registered republican and voted for George Bush in 2000 and 2004. I have also already filled out my absentee ballot and have chosen to vote for McCain Palin and for Sam Graves in 2008.

No comments: