Wednesday, October 08, 2008

what they don't say about your money

A good article about what obama and mccain won't tell you about money

I don't know much about this author. What I do know is that in the above article he hits some pretty good points. And it highlights some of my frustrations with the way both Obama and McCain campaign's are talking about this.

I have to admit, I was extremely excited when in the VP debate Sarah Palin said this

"Never will we be exploited and taken advantage of again by those who are managing our money and loaning us these dollars. We need to make sure that we demand from the federal government strict oversight of those entities in charge of our investments and our savings and we need also to not get ourselves in debt. Let's do what our parents told us before we probably even got that first credit card. Don't live outside of our means. We need to make sure that as individuals we're taking personal responsibility through all of this. It's not the American peoples fault that the economy is hurting like it is, but we have an opportunity to learn a heck of a lot of good lessons through this and say never again will we be taken advantage of."
This is a complex issue and there is a lot of fault to go around but it is not just greed on Wall Street ... there is plenty of greed on main street to go around. I myself had started down the path of financing my life with debt. Then I LEARNED DEBT IS DUMB!! Check out Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, you'll be glad (or you will be angry at me and hate Dave Ramsey).

Anyway, this is just an example of an issue that I feel like the candidates for president are just saying what sounds good instead of just saying it like it is. At least Palin mentioned that we all have some responsibility for how we choose to spend our money.

No comments: