Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Abby the Bumblebee

On 12/16/07 our church put on the annual Kids Christmas play. Abby took up her designated post of being an animal and Luke was a star. Miriam asked Abby what animal she wanted to be and she replied, "A snake." I don't think Abby has quite grasped the symbolic meaning of the snake in relation to church yet ... you know the whole satan in the form of a serpent thing (not really appropriate for the Christmas play). So, after ruling out a snake Abby had to choose between a bumblebee and a lion ... should have been a pretty easy choice right. Abby chose a bumblebee. She was super cute.

 

DSC06306

Check out the stinger on that one.

 

DSC06311

Above is how Abby looked in the play. I was charged with transitioning Abby from her church outfit to her bumblebee outfit. She had on a sweater over her long sleeve black shirt and jeans on over her tights. She, of course, wouldn't go anywhere without her boots. Little did I know that Miriam had intended for me to merely replace the sweater with the bumblebee costume and remove her boots. I removed her pants and put her boots back on ... I thought it looked cute.  Kind of fashionably 80's ... which is back in style.

 

DSC06305

Who could resist giving this bumblebee a hug?

1 comment:

Laura said...

too, too cute!!!
Miriam - did you make the outfit? I'm impressed!
Laura