Thursday, January 24, 2008

Priya's Story

Follow the link to read Priya's Story ... it is a tough read. Jesse and Shanee asked Miriam to read a shorter version of Priya's Story at the funeral service. It was hard to watch and hard to hear. Miriam did well reading it even through the sadness. Jesse spoke at the funeral and delivered the good news of Jesus Christ. In the midst of their suffering, they cling to Christ and still share the hope they have ... simply amazing. In my opinion, Jesse and Shanee are heroes of our faith and our generation. The kind of people I can tell stories about to Abby and Luke. I say this not to idolize them or boast in them but instead to boast about what the Lord is doing through them.

At the burial, it was heart wrenching to see Priya's tiny little coffin. And as I stood there holding both my kids, I was filled with such a mix of emotions ... grateful that we have Abby and Luke and such a deep sorrow for Jesse and Shanee's loss. Our hearts and prayers are with them.

No comments: