Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wisdom Teeth Wars: Percocet strikes back

So, my exceptionally good wisdom teeth extraction recovery has been marred by the very thing that was supposed to be helping me ... percocet (oxycodone). Now the bad thing about this whole story is that I know my body isn't a big fan of the prescription pain meds. I can be on them for a little while but I've learned I would rather deal with a little more pain than deal with the affects of the pain med. I get really nauseous, light headed and very tired. I should have stuck to my game plan ... instead ...

Monday was supposed to be the worst day and it wasn't. It was day 3 (or 4 depending on how you count) and things were continuing to go really well (no pain, no swelling, no discoloration). Monday night and into Tuesday morning, I noticed I was light headed and every time I got up I felt nauseous. So I basically slept all day Tuesday and had to have my parents come up on Tuesday night to help out with the kids (thanks mom and dad). I was bum all day. Tuesday morning was my last percocet and my transition to ibuprofen relieved my crummy feeling. Wednesday I was back in action.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wisdom teeth extraction recovery has been marred by the very thing that was supposed to be helping me ... percocet (oxycodone). Now the bad thing about this whole story is that I know my body isn't a big fan of the prescription pain meds. removing wisdom teeth