Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reclaim your time

Read the article here

Read the article. This is something I have been struggling with and trying to do now for a while. Kids, marriage, work, household chores, free time, projects, leisure time, exercise ... how to juggle it all? Well ... however I want to is the answer. I just need to prioritize and run my life how I want to. It won't be perfect and won't always go as planned but sticking to a plan is much easier when there is plan to begin with.

Miriam and I have implemented this concept with our money after taking Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey (don't you worry ... I have a lot to say about this ... I am just waiting a little bit longer for the right time). Now I just want to do it with our time so that we can enjoy free time without being stressed about "stuff" we "have to do".

One thing I noticed about myself was that in college I was much more successful when I had a strict schedule. Believe it or not, the rigorous schedule of wrestling kept me on task (except for that Ultima Online game fiasco which unfortunately resulted in a very poor GPA for two semesters). So I am looking forward to trimming the unimportant from my life so I have more quality time to focus on the stuff I care about.

No comments: